Welcome to Missouri's high school equivalency (HSE) online preparation class!
Please note: On January 2, 2014, the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) began using the HiSET test, developed by Education Testing Services (ETS), as its high school equivalency test. This test has replaced the GED®. In preparation for this change, our website has changed to MOLearns (MOLearns.com). Please be assured that our curriculum will continue to be updated so that our students are prepared for the new high school equivalency test. For more information regarding Missouri’s new high school equivalency test, visit www.hse.mo.gov..
MOLearns is Missouri's FREE online classroom for students looking for the flexibility of completing most of their high school equivalency test preparation at home. This program is sponsored by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).
- To be eligible for the program you must:
- be a Missouri resident
- be 17 years old or older and not currently enrolled in high school
- have the ability to go to an onsite class to take the placement tests
- study and communicate with your online teacher regularly
- return to an onsite class to re-test as required by your online instructor
- have and know how to use an email account
- have regular access to a computer with internet access (smart phones are not allowed for online study)
- To maintain enrollment in the program you must:
- study a minimum of 5 hours per week or 20 hours per month
- return to an onsite class to take an updated placement test at the request of your online teacher
- maintain email communication with an online teacher
If you can meet these requirements, click the Apply Now tab at the top of the screen to begin the application process. After completing the process and being accepted you will be contacted by an online teacher in your area.
If you would like more information regarding the MOLearns program, read the Intro to MOLearns link at the top of the page. If you don't feel like online study is for you, please click the On Site Class tab at the top of the screen to find FREE classes in your area.